Jiuzhaigou National Park is located in southwestern China in the north part of the Sichuan Province. The park covers an area of 280 square miles (720 sq km). It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a World Biosphere Reserve.
The elevation varies from 6,600 to 14,800 feet (2,000 to 4,500 m). The Jiuzhaigou valley falls within the Min Mountains and serves as the heart of the national park. The national park is renowned for its beautifully colored lakes, the numerous layered waterfalls, and peaks that frequently snow-capped.
Narrow conic karst combined with the waterfalls reveals incredible landscapes within the Jiuzhaigou valley area. This beautiful area is home to around 140 species of birds.
There are several beautiful colored lakes highlighted with spectacular blues and greens. Five Flower Lake features a crisscrossed design of fallen trees. The lakes become even more aesthetically pleasing in the fall when the leaves turn orange, red, and yellow creating beautiful reflections in the water.
The Jiuzhaigou Waterfall is beautiful and is part of the reason for the park's name. There are other waterfalls, however, Jiuzhaigou is probably the pinnacle falls.
Although the population is only around 20, a pinnacle highlight is seeing the endangered giant panda in the wild. The snub-nosed monkey is also limited in population and adds to the fun when a sighting occurs.
- Jiuzhaigou Waterfall
- Giant Panda
- Reed Lake
- Mirror Lake
- Five Flower Lake
- China Highlights, Jiuzhaigou National Park, https://www.chinahighlights.com/jiuzhaigou/ retrieved August 2019.
- The China Guide, Jiuzhaigou National Park, https://www.thechinaguide.com/sight/jiuzhaigou-national-park, retrieved August 2019.
- Travel China Guide, Jiuzhaigou National Park, https://www.travelchinaguide.com/attraction/sichuan/jiuzhaigou/page1.htm, retrieved August 2019.
- UNESCO, Jiuzhaigou Scenic and Historic Interest Area, http://whc.unesco.org/en/list/637, retrieved August 2019.
- World Atlas, Jiuzhaigou National Park, https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/jiuzhaigou-national-park-unique-places-around-the-world.html, retrieved August 2019.