Port Campbell National Park is located in the south of Australia along the coastline of Victoria as a neighbor to Great Otway National Park. The national park boundaries encompass an area of 6.8 square miles (17.5 sq km).
The Great Ocean Road is an Australian National Heritage and stretches along the Victoria coastline for 151 miles (243 km). Port Campbell National Park is found along this scenic roadway.
The park is renowned for the arches, blowholes, gorges, and rock stacks. The Twelve Apostles is the most iconic attraction of the park and the area displays a series of sea stacks standing out in the ocean along the coastline.
The London Arch and Loch Ard Gorge are two other photographic landmarks. Many people enjoy Gibson Steps and The Grotto, but those are less popular. Altogether, they create a series of unique rugged picturesque coastline.
The majority of wildlife are the seaside species of birds. Penguins are one of the favorites.
Port Campbell Highlights:
Port Campbell National Park is one of the most scenic sections of the Great Ocean Road. The Twelve Apostles are the leading highlight and easy to see from the various lookouts along the road.
The scenic road is one of those things you want to do at least twice. Once with the sunlit blue sky and once as the sun is setting. It is one of the most popularly visited national parks in Australia.
Port Campbell Highlights
- Twelve Apostles
- London Arch
- Loch Ard Gorge
- Australian Government, Great Ocean Road, https://www.environment.gov.au/heritage/places/national/great-ocean-road, retrieved September 2019.
- Britannica, Twelve Apostles, https://www.britannica.com/topic/Twelve-Apostles-rock-formation-Victoria, retrieved September 2019.
- Lonely Planet, Twelve Apostles, https://www.lonelyplanet.com/australia/attractions/twelve-apostles/a/poi-sig/1225589/362249, retrieved September 2019.
- Visit Great Ocean Road, Port Campbell National Park, https://www.visitgreatoceanroad.org.au/big-nature/port-campbell-national-park/, retrieved September 2019.
- Visit Melbourne, Port Campbell National Park, https://www.visitmelbourne.com/regions/great-ocean-road/things-to-do/nature-and-wildlife/national-parks-and-reserves/port-campbell-national-park, retrieved September 2019.